Please Help! I lost Dbk 5 Alarms sounds! tia

July 10, 2004 2:13:37 PM

Hi,
I would appreciate anyone's help
I have a registered latest version of Dbk 5 . i re-installed. No Luck

I keep getting an error message to" You have no MIDI database for
alarm sounds. Install System_MIDI_Sounds.P
DB from
C:\Palm|{UserName}\backup"

I've search the above files, but can't find the System_MIDI_Sounds.P
DB. I checked the C:\. Again NO Luck.

I have the new PalmOne version and under my user name I can't locate
the MIDI files/system files!

Thank you to anyone who can help me. I tried getting Pimlico's tech
dsupport, but they make it almost impossible to get an answer from
them.
July 10, 2004 2:41:03 PM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:13:37 -0400, Nightingale <mecrn@hotmail.com>
waived the right to be silent and professed:

>Hi,
>I would appreciate anyone's help
>I have a registered latest version of Dbk 5 . i re-installed. No Luck
>
>I keep getting an error message to" You have no MIDI database for
>alarm sounds. Install System_MIDI_Sounds.P
>DB from
>C:\Palm|{UserName}\backup"
>
>I've search the above files, but can't find the System_MIDI_Sounds.P
>DB. I checked the C:\. Again NO Luck.
>
>I have the new PalmOne version and under my user name I can't locate
>the MIDI files/system files!
>
>Thank you to anyone who can help me. I tried getting Pimlico's tech
>dsupport, but they make it almost impossible to get an answer from
>them.

Check under C:\Palm|{UserName}\archive".

--
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Anonymous

I checked all the files under PAlmOne & User. No Luck

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:41:03 -0400, Bruno <insert@address.here> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:13:37 -0400, Nightingale <mecrn@hotmail.com>
>waived the right to be silent and professed:
>

>>Hi,
>>I would appreciate anyone's help
>>I have a registered latest version of Dbk 5 . i re-installed. No Luck
>>
>>I keep getting an error message to" You have no MIDI database for
>>alarm sounds. Install System_MIDI_Sounds.P
>>DB from
>>C:\Palm|{UserName}\backup"
>>
>>I've search the above files, but can't find the System_MIDI_Sounds.P
>>DB. I checked the C:\. Again NO Luck.
>>
>>I have the new PalmOne version and under my user name I can't locate
>>the MIDI files/system files!
>>
>>Thank you to anyone who can help me. I tried getting Pimlico's tech
>>dsupport, but they make it almost impossible to get an answer from
>>them.
>
>Check under C:\Palm|{UserName}\archive".
July 11, 2004 4:00:20 AM

Nightingale <mecrn@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:p ke0f05gki73autq8dlhhkg2kncspnonjk@4ax.com:

> I checked all the files under PAlmOne & User. No Luck

Well, apparently you deleted it. A hard reset should bring back
the default file. You can get GeekSounds, which gives you lots
of alarm sounds, and which works by replacing the midi sound
file. This has nothing to do with Datebk5, BTW, it's a Palm
app. Datebk5 just uses the standard Palm alarm sounds.

--
Regards,

Stan
July 11, 2004 4:00:21 AM

On 11 Jul 2004 00:00:20 GMT, Stan Gosnell <me@work> waived the right
to be silent and professed:

>Nightingale <mecrn@hotmail.com> wrote in
>news:p ke0f05gki73autq8dlhhkg2kncspnonjk@4ax.com:
>
>> I checked all the files under PAlmOne & User. No Luck
>
>Well, apparently you deleted it. A hard reset should bring back
>the default file. You can get GeekSounds, which gives you lots
>of alarm sounds, and which works by replacing the midi sound
>file. This has nothing to do with Datebk5, BTW, it's a Palm
>app. Datebk5 just uses the standard Palm alarm sounds.

Which Palm OS version is it? Maybe someone can email the file to you.
Posting it here would be frowned upon.

--
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
!