Closed

Resetting base station password

Last response: in Networking
Share
June 4, 2004 12:06:21 AM

I have reset my base station to reset my password on the
base station management tool. The user manuel tells me
that the password will automatically reset to "admin".
This has failed. Any advice? I am trying to find my WEP
code. Thanks.
June 4, 2004 12:24:28 AM

Dear James,

Was this a hardware reset or software reset?

Do this. Use the ink cartridge of a ballpoint pen.
Depress the small reset button on the base station until
the power light blinks from green to orange.

On the MN-500 and MN-700, this small reset button is just
below the antenna. When all the lights returns to being
green, you are physically reset. The password AND
username should be "admin".

Sorry if this is rushed. I'm watch the Seattle Storm
game...

June 4, 2004 4:17:45 AM

Please note that on the MN-100 & MN-500 you need to keep the object in
until the power light starts flashing amber & green. That is when the
factory reset is actually happening. I'm not sure on the MN-700 though.

James wrote:
> I have reset my base station to reset my password on the
> base station management tool. The user manuel tells me
> that the password will automatically reset to "admin".
> This has failed. Any advice? I am trying to find my WEP
> code. Thanks.
June 4, 2004 5:32:26 PM

The password is "admin" but without the quotes -- I know
this sounds idiot, but just needed to make sure...

June 5, 2004 4:36:04 PM

Yes the default password is "admin" (without the quotes).

> The password is "admin" but without the quotes -- I know
> this sounds idiot, but just needed to make sure...

September 19, 2010 6:13:33 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!