Resetting base station password

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have reset my base station to reset my password on the
base station management tool. The user manuel tells me
that the password will automatically reset to "admin".
This has failed. Any advice? I am trying to find my WEP
code. Thanks.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Dear James,

Was this a hardware reset or software reset?

Do this. Use the ink cartridge of a ballpoint pen.
Depress the small reset button on the base station until
the power light blinks from green to orange.

On the MN-500 and MN-700, this small reset button is just
below the antenna. When all the lights returns to being
green, you are physically reset. The password AND
username should be "admin".

Sorry if this is rushed. I'm watch the Seattle Storm
game...

joker

Please note that on the MN-100 & MN-500 you need to keep the object in
until the power light starts flashing amber & green. That is when the
factory reset is actually happening. I'm not sure on the MN-700 though.

James wrote:
> I have reset my base station to reset my password on the
> base station management tool. The user manuel tells me
> that the password will automatically reset to "admin".
> This has failed. Any advice? I am trying to find my WEP
> code. Thanks.

The password is "admin" but without the quotes -- I know
this sounds idiot, but just needed to make sure...

joker

Yes the default password is "admin" (without the quotes).