Anyone with info re: compatibility of 896 and Firepod?

Last response: in Home Audio
May 25, 2005 7:28:57 AM

I'm using Nuendo 2 on WinXP Home. I've successfully run my 896
simultaneously with our soundguy's Metric Halo thru the ADAT post of
my 896, to get 16 simultaneous tracks in Nuendo. I'd like to now add
something permanent to my rig and am looking at the Firepod. Will this
run alongside my 896 successfully in Nuendo? Looked it up but nothing
so far. Am about to record new demos for all our bands, need to move
on this, can anyone offer insight? Many thanks.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 6:43:53 PM

Chris/Power Salad wrote:
> I'm using Nuendo 2 on WinXP Home. I've successfully run my 896
> simultaneously with our soundguy's Metric Halo thru the ADAT post of
> my 896, to get 16 simultaneous tracks in Nuendo. I'd like to now add
> something permanent to my rig and am looking at the Firepod. Will this
> run alongside my 896 successfully in Nuendo? Looked it up but nothing
> so far. Am about to record new demos for all our bands, need to move
> on this, can anyone offer insight? Many thanks.

The issue will be software not hardware. I can't remember the
specifics but I think the throw in software with the motu device will
work with two of the same firewire interface, ie 896, 828 etc, but not
dissimilar. Something wacky like that. I don't think logic will work
with two MOTU devices itself so not sure it will work with two separate
manufactured firewire interfaces. But again, it is a software issue,
not a hardware one.

Mike http://www.mmeproductions.com
!