blueskies media desk or KRK rockets something?

Last response: in Home Audio
May 26, 2005 3:54:05 AM

there are two stores that have these for sale. I'm trying to decide which is
better. I've been told that the two were great and they're almost the same
price. any comments or suggestions from people who have these? I try to do a
search on reviews for these on the internet and all i get are biased
comments because they're selling them. I heard the blue skies were "THX"
approved. I don't know if that's anything. I'm not doing surround but it
comes with a subwoofer for subfrequencies. the KRK's apparently are being
used at a local studio and they praise them to death. Can someone help me
out? thanks.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 11:48:56 AM

I heard both of those and ended up buying the Blue Sky Pro Desk which
were more expensive. Given that I was pretty darn impressed with the
Media Desk as well. Maybe just a slight hole on the midbass but I
wasn't there with a measument system. It's a totally different voicing
than the KRKs. You'll have to go listen to both with familiar material
and decide for yourself.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 12:49:54 PM

In article <OKqdnQv959XUrgjfRVn-vA@rogers.com> rperez@nl.rogers.com writes:

> I heard the blue skies were "THX"
> approved. I don't know if that's anything.

Not much. It means you can hook it up to a home theater system without
too much haywire.

> I'm not doing surround but it
> comes with a subwoofer for subfrequencies. the KRK's apparently are being
> used at a local studio and they praise them to death. Can someone help me
> out?

Which one do you like best? Speaker manufacturers tend to have a
"sound" across their whole product line, and in general, I've found
KRK speakers to sound more like a car radio than I like, either for
casual listening or for making recording or mixing decisions. I have
only heard the first model of the Blue Sky monitors, but I thought
they sounded more like what was going into them. To me that's a good
thing.

May 27, 2005 2:00:23 AM

MagPi <rperez@nl.rogers.com> wrote:
>there are two stores that have these for sale. I'm trying to decide which is
>better. I've been told that the two were great and they're almost the same
>price. any comments or suggestions from people who have these? I try to do a
>search on reviews for these on the internet and all i get are biased
>comments because they're selling them. I heard the blue skies were "THX"
>approved. I don't know if that's anything. I'm not doing surround but it
>comes with a subwoofer for subfrequencies. the KRK's apparently are being
>used at a local studio and they praise them to death. Can someone help me
>out? thanks.

THX approval is totally meaningless.

I never liked the low end on the KRKs. You might. Take the two systems
home on approval and see which you pefer.
--scott