Flt. Sim 2002 Shimmers and edges.

I have a new Dell with XP and a USB joystick. I have read
everything on Microsoft relating to 2002. The program was
working fine, then I decided to update my graphics driver
and DirectX. That's when the scenery started shimmering
and the top of the 172's panel went jagged. I am trying
to revert to the old driver and previous DirectX, but no
luck. Have re-installed 2002 twice. How can I get around
this problem?

The program was working fine? Lesson: If it ain't broke,
don't fix it.

Lesson two: Do regular backups.

ME

gprat,

if the 172's panel or other graphics have jagged lines, it sounds like
your anti-aliasing got disabled or turned off.

start fs2002 and go to settings\display then 'hardware' tab.

then on right hand side of page you will see 'hardware rendering options' ,
be sure the 'anti-alising' box is checked.

if that doesn't work, roll your video card drivers back a version or two.
goodluck!

"gprat304" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new Dell with XP and a USB joystick. I have read
> everything on Microsoft relating to 2002. The program was
> working fine, then I decided to update my graphics driver
> and DirectX. That's when the scenery started shimmering
> and the top of the 172's panel went jagged. I am trying
> to revert to the old driver and previous DirectX, but no
> luck. Have re-installed 2002 twice. How can I get around
> this problem?

katy

Hi "gprat304" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>! On Tue, 4 May
2004 12:00:06 -0700, in microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation you
wrote:

>I have a new Dell with XP and a USB joystick. I have read
>everything on Microsoft relating to 2002. The program was
>working fine, then I decided to update my graphics driver
>and DirectX. That's when the scenery started shimmering
>and the top of the 172's panel went jagged. I am trying
>to revert to the old driver and previous DirectX, but no
>luck. Have re-installed 2002 twice. How can I get around
>this problem?

What video card? What drivers version? You cannot re-install an older
version of DirectX, use a system restore point prior to your
updates...

---
All the Best
Katy Pluta, MS_MVP for Simulators