Corrupt Airport Scenery/AFCAD?

I am battling with a problem that happened only recently
and I cannot find a solution. If I try to start a flight
at PAED (Elmendorf AFB), or if I try to resume a saved
flight at the same base, or if I fly from a local airport
into Elmendorf (within a 7nm radius) I am immediately
booted out to the desktop. The first time this happened
that I can remember was during an MP session and I was on
approach to the base when I was suddenly kicked out to the
desktop. . .at the time I assumed it was related to the MP
server. However, this problem is consistant irregardless
of whether I'm in an MP session or just flying within FS9.
I have had others try to duplicate the problem and I have
found only one other who comes close and his is only
related to being in an MP session, otherwise he doesn't
have the problem.
I have tried deleting the FS9.cfg file and starting fresh,
but that doesn't help. I've tried various other display
settings without any positive results. It appears that
either the AFCAD file for that airport is corrupt or the
scenery for that designated area is corrupt.

I'm open to suggestions!!

ME

ed,

either change the season ,

or try as katy suggests from one of here earlier posts:

No need: find the TERRAIN.CFG file in the FS9 folder, open it in
Notepad and replace BOTH MaskClassMap=1 AND MaskClassMap=3 to
MaskClassMap=0.

"ed wells" <ejwells409@charter.net> wrote in message
> I am battling with a problem that happened only recently
> and I cannot find a solution. If I try to start a flight
> at PAED (Elmendorf AFB), or if I try to resume a saved
> flight at the same base, or if I fly from a local airport
> into Elmendorf (within a 7nm radius) I am immediately
> booted out to the desktop. The first time this happened
> that I can remember was during an MP session and I was on
> approach to the base when I was suddenly kicked out to the
> desktop. . .at the time I assumed it was related to the MP
> server. However, this problem is consistant irregardless
> of whether I'm in an MP session or just flying within FS9.
> I have had others try to duplicate the problem and I have
> found only one other who comes close and his is only
> related to being in an MP session, otherwise he doesn't
> have the problem.
> I have tried deleting the FS9.cfg file and starting fresh,
> but that doesn't help. I've tried various other display
> settings without any positive results. It appears that
> either the AFCAD file for that airport is corrupt or the
> scenery for that designated area is corrupt.
>
> I'm open to suggestions!!

thanks for the assist. Changing the season did the
trick!!!

ME

you're welcome :)

that was taught to me from one of our fellow simmers, so i can not take the
credit.

i am only passing on information.

i just scanned through the posts i have highlighted ,and could not find the
original post.

and i'm sorry to say i can't remember who told me about that fix earlier
this year.
but it sure saved me a lot of headaches :)