Internet Access From MN-710 Host

Last response: in Networking
June 4, 2004 1:52:07 AM

Have a MN-700 Base Station connected to a W98SE host using
a dial-up modem connection to the internet. The Broadband
Network Utility displays the Internet connection is good.
The problem is getting internet connectivity on the second
host connected to the workgroup using a MN-710 adapter and
it runs XP-Home. Although, network connectivity (sharing
files) appears good, I just can't get the Internet
Connection.
June 4, 2004 12:38:23 PM

Dear Puzzled1,

I'm going to make some conjectures here. Did you let
Network Wizard configure your MN-710 to the WinXP? Was
you dial-up modem active during this setup? Was the MN-
710 plugged into your USB before you installed the Setup
CD?

A problem sometimes arises when the Wizard selects the
settings for you. It makes a distinction between
Internet connections and LAN connections, particularly
since you are using a dial-up modem (again a
conjecture..it'a not broadband?). Plug the MN-710 into
the WinXP before you install the Setup CD. Make sure the
Win98SE is connected to the internet before you setup the
MN-710. After setup, check the properties of your
Network connections. Make sure the Wireless connection
is through a resdiential gateway (192.168.2.1 by default
on the MN-700).

Hope this helps...