Internet Access From MN-710 Host

Have a MN-700 Base Station connected to a W98SE host using
a dial-up modem connection to the internet. The Broadband
Network Utility displays the Internet connection is good.
The problem is getting internet connectivity on the second
host connected to the workgroup using a MN-710 adapter and
it runs XP-Home. Although, network connectivity (sharing
files) appears good, I just can't get the Internet
Connection.
1 answer Last reply
More about internet access host

    Dear Puzzled1,

    I'm going to make some conjectures here. Did you let
    Network Wizard configure your MN-710 to the WinXP? Was
    you dial-up modem active during this setup? Was the MN-
    710 plugged into your USB before you installed the Setup
    CD?

    A problem sometimes arises when the Wizard selects the
    settings for you. It makes a distinction between
    Internet connections and LAN connections, particularly
    since you are using a dial-up modem (again a
    conjecture..it'a not broadband?). Plug the MN-710 into
    the WinXP before you install the Setup CD. Make sure the
    Win98SE is connected to the internet before you setup the
    MN-710. After setup, check the properties of your
    Network connections. Make sure the Wireless connection
    is through a resdiential gateway (192.168.2.1 by default
    on the MN-700).

    Hope this helps...

Routers Internet Access Networking