Gator

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003
I have a ELite Groups MB L4S8A2, with a 2.0 GhZ Pentium, I had 256M PC2700 Memory from Atlas, I just added a 512M Atlas memory DIMM. My system sometimes reboots itself, programs crash, some web pages don't show all of the content until I move my mouse over the area, etc. I have tried to contact the MB manufacturer, but haven't gotten a reply yet. I am wondering if I need to change to DIMM voltage in my BIOS, or if there is something else that may be the problem. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

sturm

Splendid
Try the 512 by itself and see if problem persists. Your not running 98 or me are you? they dont like more than 512 meg. Also might try putting the 512 in the first slot and the 256 in the next slot.

Gator

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003
I have tried the 512M DIMM by itself, and get a blue screen in WinXP that says your computer has been shut down to prevent any damage. I bought this memory about a month ago from PCBOOST.COM, it is ATLAS memory, and I had the same problems then, so I returned it and just got the new DIMM the other day, so I am assuming it is my MB or something else...I have yet to get a response from either Tech Support...