Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best Anti Virus Software?

Last response: in Windows 7
July 9, 2012 1:22:58 AM

Hi, I looked along the forum but never could find a clear cut answer. I've read reviews and articles about the subject but everybody seems to have their favorite. I just wanted a indecisive answer, or at least narrow down my choices. I am fixing to get a new computer and will be needing anti virus for it. I'm not asking what is the best free anti virus out there. Money is not an issue, I want the best all around anti virus to date. I am using avast pro right now, but felt like there is probably something better. I am debating on BitDefender, kapersky, Norton, or maybe put Avast back on. Any input on which one would be best suited all around would be very much appreciated.

More about : anti virus software

Best solution

a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
a c 417 $ Windows 7
July 9, 2012 1:27:06 AM

Norton 2012 or GDATA Internet security are the best 2.

GData contains the bitdefender and avast antivirus engines under 1 hood.

Norton revamped their whole lineup a few years ago and are now top notch products.
a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
a c 417 $ Windows 7
July 9, 2012 1:28:05 AM

Free: Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials.
Score
Related resources
July 9, 2012 1:33:07 AM

You don't say? I have used Norton's products before and felt they had dropped the ball on them. And I have never heard of GDATA, I will defiantly take a look into them. Thank you for your quick response Area51, and yes I use security essentials on most of my "clients" computers. I'm still in school but I repair computers that are brought in. Thank you again for your answer
Score
a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
a c 417 $ Windows 7
July 9, 2012 1:34:09 AM

GDATA = 2 engines and very light on the resources.
Score
July 9, 2012 1:36:27 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
GDATA = 2 engines and very light on the resources.

That's what I like to hear haha, Is Norton still a resource hog like it seemed to be?
Score
a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
a c 417 $ Windows 7
July 9, 2012 1:38:07 AM

No, it is very light but i give GDATA the edge buy a tad.
Score
a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
a c 417 $ Windows 7
July 9, 2012 1:38:44 AM

Look into the GDATA you will like what you read.
Score
July 9, 2012 1:42:58 AM

I'm looking into it as we speak! I can't thank you enough on how fast of a response you gave, I really appreciate it man. You defiantly helped to narrow down my choices. Now all I have to do Is pick between the two haha, you can close the thread if you like. I think I got everything that I needed to know.
Score
July 9, 2012 1:43:17 AM

Best answer selected by Alucard679.
Score
a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
a c 417 $ Windows 7
July 9, 2012 1:45:02 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!