Closed Solved

Best Anti Virus Software?

Hi, I looked along the forum but never could find a clear cut answer. I've read reviews and articles about the subject but everybody seems to have their favorite. I just wanted a indecisive answer, or at least narrow down my choices. I am fixing to get a new computer and will be needing anti virus for it. I'm not asking what is the best free anti virus out there. Money is not an issue, I want the best all around anti virus to date. I am using avast pro right now, but felt like there is probably something better. I am debating on BitDefender, kapersky, Norton, or maybe put Avast back on. Any input on which one would be best suited all around would be very much appreciated.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best anti virus software
  1. Best answer
    Norton 2012 or GDATA Internet security are the best 2.

GData contains the bitdefender and avast antivirus engines under 1 hood.

Norton revamped their whole lineup a few years ago and are now top notch products.
  2. Free: Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials.
  3. You don't say? I have used Norton's products before and felt they had dropped the ball on them. And I have never heard of GDATA, I will defiantly take a look into them. Thank you for your quick response Area51, and yes I use security essentials on most of my "clients" computers. I'm still in school but I repair computers that are brought in. Thank you again for your answer
  4. GDATA = 2 engines and very light on the resources.
  5. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    GDATA = 2 engines and very light on the resources.

That's what I like to hear haha, Is Norton still a resource hog like it seemed to be?
  6. No, it is very light but i give GDATA the edge buy a tad.
  7. Look into the GDATA you will like what you read.
  8. I'm looking into it as we speak! I can't thank you enough on how fast of a response you gave, I really appreciate it man. You defiantly helped to narrow down my choices. Now all I have to do Is pick between the two haha, you can close the thread if you like. I think I got everything that I needed to know.
  9. Best answer selected by Alucard679.
  10. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/antivirus-performance-benchmark,3045.html

Here is an article on Tom's Hardware with the performance ratings ^
  11. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Reviews Antivirus Software Windows 7