Power!???!

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Ok,

So I got a new Cpu in 2400+ plus a stick of ram. I wanted to reconfigure my raid so I cloned my dirve onto a spare and all was well. Then when I rebooted to the cloned drive all was well. Then all of the sudden i was getting reboots, windows would get the the point of just about to loging on user name & pass, then reboot. So i set everything to fail safe defaults still nothing. Then i decied maybe my disk was bad and reinstalled windows on a new drive. But the same thing. Ok so now i up and running with the fresh install and my backed up (cloned) hdd slaved, and it seems to be ok. but when i connect my other two drive that i want to set up a small raid on. I get the reboots bugcheck and all that crap. I looking at my power supply as the source, but its a new true power 430 antec ps. So could that fact that i have new ram and a new T-bred cpu pulling more power than usual that im so unstable? All my ram and my cpu checked out ok at the shop. And i dont under stand how my PS is the problem becuase is ran each one of them fine at one point before?

ARRRRg
-Tim

Sorry for typing so much just frustrated!!!!

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller. I append: No longer interested in speed, just the mere idea that everything should perform at its full potential.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
probly the ram you just got.

<font color=red> black </font color=red> <font color=green> white </font color=green> <font color=blue> yellow </font color=blue> <font color=orange> purple </font color=orange> <font color=black> red </font color=black> <font color=yellow> green </font color=yellow> <font color=purple> blue </font color=purple>

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
No dice, right now i have one good stick of 256 in. I flashed the bios back to a previouse version, but that didnt work. Would a bad CPU cause this. Right now i have a duron in and it seems to be ok so far. Or could my mobo be fired because the T-bred 2400+ i have runs on different perameters?

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller. I append: No longer interested in speed, just the mere idea that everything should perform at its full potential.