jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i saw the idea and thought, hey thats a really good idea, but the benchmarks show its not much better than mirroring. its a shame. thoughts?

<font color=red> black </font color=red> <font color=green> white </font color=green> <font color=blue> yellow </font color=blue> <font color=orange> purple </font color=orange> <font color=black> red </font color=black> <font color=yellow> green </font color=yellow> <font color=purple> blue </font color=purple>

Ryan_Plus_One

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2003
I say: if you want performance, do RAID 0. If you want redundancy, do raid 1 if you have 2 drives, or RAID 5 if you have 3 or more. I don't see why they have to get all fancy and complicated...especially on a non-server board.

Home users are not really devastated by downtime like businesses are. From what I have seen, home users only want RAID 0 because of speed. If they want fault tolerance then they will back up their data. Of course, that is different for businesses when every hour of downtime means thousands of dollars, but I would like to talk to the IT personnel of any company that implements the DFI “LAN Party” board in their server room.

<font color=red>Proudly supporting the AMD/Nvidia minority</font color=red>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
its a good idea in theory. strange that it performs so badly.

<font color=red> black </font color=red> <font color=green> white </font color=green> <font color=blue> yellow </font color=blue> <font color=orange> purple </font color=orange> <font color=black> red </font color=black> <font color=yellow> green </font color=yellow> <font color=purple> blue </font color=purple>