Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Just emailed the GMC PC Case people in Korea reference their case material. They wrote that all of their cases were steel, except the A500 (aluminum). Some interesting looking boxes (ad on THG start pg) - no US distributor yet - they say they will have US distribution in July.
Their <A HREF="http://www.gmc.co.kr/english/good_e_list.htm" target="_new">link</A>

But Officer, I wasn't speeding - I was qualifying ...
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Jake_Barnes on 06/21/03 00:39 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
The boxes are 1mm steel - heavy (compared to aluminum) but designed to be less noisey. Some interesting cases in the line. Look for the noise dampening solutions.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
They ARE 1.0mm steel? I'll be damned, I could have sworn they were thinner. well then, buy one! They have nice designs, so if they are made from good material, what more could you want?

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Can't - GMC says they won't be availabe in US until late July - now the question is where. I only investigated 2 cases and they claimed 1mm steel w/ rolled edges (?).
I'll be looking at cases until then, I expect - any steel ideas on those Cheftec cases?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've investigated further myself. It seems that the Noblesse SE, X21, and Neo Classic all have the same chassis, so all should be thick. The G20, M20, and M25 appear to be crap. I can't tell what to think of the T40.

There appear to be other brands importing the original Noblesse case.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>