System Standby disabled

logger

Distinguished
May 1, 2002
Some how my system standby got diabled and I cant figure out how to fix it. When I go to shut down the only options I have is shut down and restart. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Thanks

logger

Distinguished
May 1, 2002
I have been there, there is no place to enable or unenable standby. I am sure I am missing something, what do I do after I get there?
Thanks

logger

Distinguished
May 1, 2002
I think it's enabled, in my bios its "user define" as oposed to "disabled". could it be something in the registry? or some intel motherboard software? I am at a loss. Maybe it's something in bios, but what else?
asus cusl2 with award bios
thanks

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
is enable hibernate enabled in the power configuration?
i think when i disabled that on my little brothers computer, it removed the system standby option in the shutdown.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

mattburklund

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
The enable hibernate option diapeared. How do I bring it back? I either screwed up my registry or bios? Can I just run the winxp cd over my system and have it check for problems?

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
Hmm, i dont know.
if you changed stuff with the registry, use system restore to go back to a time before you did that.
otherwise, it sounds to me like your motherboard doesnt support hibernation and standby? i dont know. check the motherboard manual.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-