FS2004 Crashing when changing settings in game menu

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Flight Simulator 2004, my
computer reboots if I access the game menu by pressing ALT
and choose something like 'time and date', I can access
the menu, but after seconds my computer reboots, it is
possible that it is starting to hang when I'm clicking
with the mouse button in the menu, looks that way.

I have try'ed severall drivers for my video card ( Nvidea
Gforce4 MX 420 ) I have installed DirectX 9.0b, it does
not help at all, can somebody help me with this problem?

Kind Regards,

Q1tum

Usually this is a problem with either DirectX or your video drivers. Also
check any processes you might have running. Has it always done this or just
recently?

Vic
"Q1tum" <Q1tum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with my Flight Simulator 2004, my
> computer reboots if I access the game menu by pressing ALT
> and choose something like 'time and date', I can access
> the menu, but after seconds my computer reboots, it is
> possible that it is starting to hang when I'm clicking
> with the mouse button in the menu, looks that way.
>
> I have try'ed severall drivers for my video card ( Nvidea
> Gforce4 MX 420 ) I have installed DirectX 9.0b, it does
> not help at all, can somebody help me with this problem?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Q1tum

I don't know how to get the full screen menu to work properly for you. You
might have to switch back to windowed mode to use the menus until you find a
beter solution.

Maybe the DirectX diagnostic will offer a clue. You can run the diagnostic
from the tools menu of the system information utility (Windows 98 & XP -
possibly on Windows ME too) or type DXDIAG.EXE from the run option off the
Start button. After you run the tests on all the diagnostic's tabs it can
produce a log file that may contain clues to what is causing your problem.
If someone here has similar hardware you might be able to post the contents
of the log file for them to examine.

"Q1tum" <Q1tum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with my Flight Simulator 2004, my
> computer reboots if I access the game menu by pressing ALT
> and choose something like 'time and date', I can access
> the menu, but after seconds my computer reboots, it is
> possible that it is starting to hang when I'm clicking
> with the mouse button in the menu, looks that way.
>
> I have try'ed severall drivers for my video card ( Nvidea
> Gforce4 MX 420 ) I have installed DirectX 9.0b, it does
> not help at all, can somebody help me with this problem?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Q1tum

Thanks for the reply

I don't see anything regarding FS2004 in the logging

Regards,

Q1tum