MN-700 can't connect base station

I am stuck - the wizard can't complete the base station
installation. I have checked everything, cables, modem,
power, resets, reboot etc..

Not sure what to do to get the software to recognize the
base station.

Please help.

Larry
4 answers Last reply
More about connect base station

    Dear Larry,

    More info. What's you PC's OS...WinXP, Win2000, Win98?
    What adapter are you using? At what point is
    installation terminated?

    Ken,

    Running 98 (virus free), a motorola 4220 Cable modem,
    onboard NIC, AMD 1600.

    The setup stops when it checks for a live interent
    connection and asks me to check cables etc. (I have
    swapped out 3 different cables), reset modem, and the 700,
    No NAT is running on the modem that I know of, nor is
    there a firewall running on my PC.

    If I connect the cable from the modem port on the 700 to a
    numbered port I can access the internet, but as soon as I
    plug it into the modem port, I lose the internet and the
    software can't see the base station.

    I am using Comcast cable services and they provide my IP
    address which the software recognizes as a public IP.

    I have also tried downlowning the latest firmware from the
    microsoft site for the 700, but it appears to be the same
    software that I had.

    Any help is much appreciated as I am completly lost as to
    my next step to get it to work.

    Larry

    do u have another computer on your network? I have 2
    computers in my home w/ Comcast cable wiredmodem. Only
    one was originally configured with comcast software. Tried
    to set up Microsoft wireless G Kit (MN700 Base) to
    nonconfigured computer and could not get it to recognize
    the base station. (BTW, did u disable all firewalls?)
    Tried setup on configured computer and it recognized base
    station.

    Dear Larry,

    On Win98, the Setup CD that came with the MN-700 can work
    well in installing the wireless adapter (it automatically
    prompts you to add Windows Installer and Windows Plug and
    Play, for example), but never tried setting up my base
    station with it. Remember to plug the adapter in BEFORE
    you try the Setup CD.

    You may have to setup the MBNU (Microsoft Broadband
    Network Utility) separately. Its on the CD. With the
    MBNU in place, you should be able to detect if the MN-700
    is operational under "Adapter Setting" and "Available
    Networks".

Routers Connection Microsoft Networking