jedge78

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2002
Ever since I installed XP, I have been getting buffer under-run errors everytime I attempt to burn a cd. I defragged my hd, downloaded the latest version of nero, download the microsoft cd burning patch, and aspi drivers. Is there anything else I can do?

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
What are your system specs?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/about.php?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/about.php?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

jedge78

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2002
laptop
xp pro
p3 700
256 ram
12 gig hd
ati rage mobility vid
ti firewire cardbus adapter
sony firewire external cd-rw 16x

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
what is your sony firewire external cd-rw 16x buffer size?

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
with a p3 700, i guess this laptop is a little "old".
how old is it & how old is your firewire CDRW?

note: Burning & Buffers
because during the writing process between hour hard disk & your CD-RW drive, you must have a linear data flow without shakes, you have a double buffering system to maintain this flow continuously (a hardware buffer from your CDRW drive, now up to 8MB, & a software buffer created by your OS via your burn software).

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
this only works in XP PRO!

open the task manager, and open your burning software. then go to the processes tab. find the burning software. and right click on it. then go to set priority. and set it to a higher setting. if you still have problems, set it to higher. it goes all the way to realtime priority...when it is like that, you probably will not be able to do ANYTHING else...but you will MOST DEFINATELY not have any problems...
if you do, then there is something else causing this...

hope that works. good luck. :smile:

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-