FS2004 Default Time Settings

Mike

Splendid

I am having problems setting the default time in FS2004.
I have "system time" checked in the general settings but
for some reason it is assuming I live on the West Coast
of America when I actually live in England (8 hours
ahead). This means that if I start a game at 12 noon at
my local airport the game will set the local time to 8pm,
whereas if I set it to a West Coast US airport it will
indeed be 12 noon. How can I tell the game where I live
so it sets the system time to the correct part of the
world?

Mike -

FS gets it's time zone information from Windows. Check the settings in
Start/Settings/ControlPanel/Date & Time.

HTH,

Vic

"Mike" <badfatt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am having problems setting the default time in FS2004.
> I have "system time" checked in the general settings but
> for some reason it is assuming I live on the West Coast
> of America when I actually live in England (8 hours
> ahead). This means that if I start a game at 12 noon at
> my local airport the game will set the local time to 8pm,
> whereas if I set it to a West Coast US airport it will
> indeed be 12 noon. How can I tell the game where I live
> so it sets the system time to the correct part of the
> world?

Mike

Splendid

I've already checked that, I have it set to the British
time zone as it should be.

sinbad

Mike -
As Vic B. has said, FS2004 gets its time zone info from
the Windows OS, but here's something to check and possibly
use to 'fool' FS into thinking you are, perhaps, in Eastern
Siberia (one of my favorite places). While in FS2004,
hit Alt > World > Time and verify that the difference
between 'your' time and GMT is what you think it should
be (0 differential I assume) but then set FS time to
whatever it has to be to make things come out right for
you. I have read in a few other posts that this time zone
thing is another one of the many that fell-through-the-
cracks as M$FT rushed FS2004 to market before it was truly
ready.
good luck - sts ------------------------------------------

Mike

Splendid

So this is somthing I will have to do each time I play?
I'm already doing something like that I was just
wondering if I can set it so it does it all
automatically. Shouldn't expect anything better from
Microsoft though :)

-

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:124ad01c442a9
$ac756ee0$a401280a@phx.gbl:

> So this is somthing I will have to do each time I play?
> I'm already doing something like that I was just
> wondering if I can set it so it does it all
> automatically. Shouldn't expect anything better from
> Microsoft though :)

This has always been broken. GMT is calculated based on your
system settings, but if you move your aircraft around the world,
local time is kept constant, but GMT is adjusted. I'm just
beginning to work with FS9, but in the past, it was possible to end
up on the wrong day, depending on your local GMT. There is no way in the
game to keep GMT corrected. But there are several programs available
which run with FSUIPC to correct FS' time to keep it locked to
system GMT (or any offset you want). In the past I have used
"realtime" and "fsts" with fs2002.

scott s.
..