Sign in with
Your question

Recording with Audigy 2?

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 22, 2003 9:41:16 PM

I have an ASUS A7S333, SiS745 Chipset, XP 2000, 256K PC2700 DDR 333 Ram, Run Windows 2K and Mandrake Linux. I recently purchased a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 sound card and have not been able to get the thing to record. The sound from it is great. I am trying to record from the line-in; get sound but no recording. If anyone is familiar with the Audigy 2 Software package, could you give me a quick steer in a direction that would provide some answers.

"You only fail if you fail to try"

More about : recording audigy

June 28, 2003 4:38:04 AM

There seems to be a problem with the Creative driver and recording. I had the exact same trouble with my LiveMP3+ card; worked fine, till I tried recording off line in. No response.

Having been a Creative guy since the days of the original soundblaster in '91 or so (to play Wolfenstein on a 486, these were the days) I searched google groups for 'creative live recorder error' and the responses were not encouraging. Basically there's a bug with the creative stuff and USB (don't ask what USB has to do with it) and their idea is to unplug all USB devices, then see if adding'em one at a time will work.

Since I have a USB pacemaker (almost :-)) I refuse to do that; I got it to work eventually, only to run into the Live's low line in problem. At that point I sold the card to a coworker and bought a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. No problems whatsoever.

ST
June 28, 2003 4:49:43 PM

I have made recordings successfully from the RCA in's in the breakout box. I used the Creative MediaSource Player that came with the driver. I was resistant at first to the idea of using their software but it works for me.

I have a USB mouse and a USB webcam that are plugged in all the time and a flash MP3 player that gets plugged in every once in a while.

<font color=blue>Build a foolproof system and they'll build a better fool.</font color=blue>
June 29, 2003 10:37:49 AM

Remember AD Lib?

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad: 
!