Win7 desktop folders

Inapplepie

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
How to I get the desktop folders look and act like WinXP. When I right click the desktop and add a new folder-Rename-add shortcut icons, the folders defaults directly to the location in windows explorer. That is stupid and takes up space on the desktop. Is there a way to open the desktop folders like WINXP?

Xenturion

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Sadly, I think you're stuck with the way Win7 handles it now. Definitely doesn't make sense; Read Wikipedia's "List of features removed from Windows 7" and you'll probably have yourself a nice rage as you are dumbfounded at how ridiculous the decisions were. For instance, remembering the location of Explorer Windows. Somehow, in XP, when you closed out of your "My Documents" folder, next time you opened it, it'd be in the exact same spot. Thanks to the infinite wisdom of Microsoft, though, you know get a set of cascading windows that simply pop out of the first window opened. Short of people accidentally dragging the windows into an area where the can't reach them (off the screen for instance), I see no logical reason for that feature to have been removed. And yet. It's gone.

TRENDING THREADS