FREEZES UP. I have my screen refresh rate set at 75. I have the game
target rate set around 100. Desktop res is 1024X768, game is set at
800X600.

SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and more

Murph

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2002

JH -
Just wondering if you have tried calling MS Tech support
about this. I did, but just got a lot of double-talk and
a snooty remark that it wasn't a "known issue".

,MSI
>333fsb board, ATI 9600SE 128, 5.1 Audio card. I installed
the game
>with no hitches. Started playing the game without a
problem. Played
>for prob 10 min then decided to go into flight . IN FLIGHT
THE GAME

www.simradar.com
>SimRadar.com - Search Engine, Downloads, Videos, News and
more
>.

Jar -

When you say "playing the game" for 10 minutes and then "go into flight" - I
assume you were just reading menus, etc? What happens if you start FS9 and
immediately fly - how long does it take to crash? Same amount of time every
time? Try different flights. Check your drivers. Run DXDIAG and see if it
reports any errors. Do a Google search on FS9 CTD and read the threads.
With that card, I'd also drop the framerate to about 25. Turn down your
sound acceleration to basic.

That ought to keep you busy for a bit. try that and report back -

HTH,

Vic