Need mixer for keyboard rig

Last response: in Home Audio
May 30, 2005 6:43:59 PM

I'm in search of some advice. I've assembled a keyboard rig
consisting of my A90 controller(w/sounds), a k2500 and a PC running
vstack and a bunch of VSTi's. The audio card is a terratec ews88
8channel lightpipe. I like this card because A) I already have it and
it has a nice lowlatency ASIO driver and B) it has 2 midi ins. Does
anyone know of a decent, relatively cheap <$500 8-12 channel mixer that
has a SPIDF and/or ADAT io in addition to a handful of regular analog
ins? I can't seem to find any that aren't way huge or massive overkill.
This rig is simply for live playback. Thanks so much in advance.

More about : mixer keyboard rig

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 3:41:51 PM

In article <1117489438.951117.247140@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"jimmyenglish" <kilik@hotpop.com> wrote:

> I'm in search of some advice. I've assembled a keyboard rig
> consisting of my A90 controller(w/sounds), a k2500 and a PC running
> vstack and a bunch of VSTi's. The audio card is a terratec ews88
> 8channel lightpipe. I like this card because A) I already have it and
> it has a nice lowlatency ASIO driver and B) it has 2 midi ins. Does
> anyone know of a decent, relatively cheap <$500 8-12 channel mixer that
> has a SPIDF and/or ADAT io in addition to a handful of regular analog
> ins? I can't seem to find any that aren't way huge or massive overkill.
> This rig is simply for live playback. Thanks so much in advance.

You could probably get a used Yamaha ProMix 01 for a couple hundred.

--
Jedd Haas - Artist
http://www.gallerytungsten.com

"jimmyenglish" <kilik@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> I'm in search of some advice. I've assembled a keyboard rig
> consisting of my A90 controller(w/sounds), a k2500 and a PC running
> vstack and a bunch of VSTi's. The audio card is a terratec ews88
> 8channel lightpipe. I like this card because A) I already have it and
> it has a nice lowlatency ASIO driver and B) it has 2 midi ins. Does
> anyone know of a decent, relatively cheap <$500 8-12 channel mixer that
> has a SPIDF and/or ADAT io in addition to a handful of regular analog
> ins? I can't seem to find any that aren't way huge or massive overkill.
> This rig is simply for live playback. Thanks so much in advance.

I think soundcraft makes one with spdif, or made one not long ago.

jb
!