FS 2004 Century of Flight

I just got this as a gift. I do not have a joystick;
will I still be able to use it (perhaps using the
keyboard?) There seems to be a number of complaints
about this software; is it a hassle to use, or should I
take it back and exchange it for something else? It was
looking forward to using it until I read some of the
posts here.

Most of the posts are here because there are people who have had problems.
The millions of people who have NOT had problems don't post how much they
like it. That said - it will all depend on your system but even on a top of
the line system it won't be as enjoyable without a joystick or a yoke. if
you've read the posts here, you have an idea of what kind of system is
needed to just get acceptable performance. If your system doesn't match
that, take the software back and get a copy of FS2002. if your system JUST
matches the minimum requirements on the box - take it back.

HTH,

Vic

"dwhita1" <dwhita1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I just got this as a gift. I do not have a joystick;
> will I still be able to use it (perhaps using the
> keyboard?) There seems to be a number of complaints
> about this software; is it a hassle to use, or should I
> take it back and exchange it for something else? It was
> looking forward to using it until I read some of the
> posts here.

curious

Vic -
You used the term 'millions" and I don't know if that was
intended to be a literal or figurative adjective, but now
my curiosity is twitched and I wonder if the actual sales
quantity of FS2004 has every been reported?