FS2004 rebooting Windows XP Pro

Hi Everyone

I have a Gigabyte P4 2.4G motherboard with 1 G of Ram,
Nvidia G4 TI4200 128 ram Card. I cant use FS2004, tried
everything. Reformated and reinstalled, updated
motherboard Bios, video bios, SIS AGP driver, latest
nvidia driver. The only thing not new is my old SB live
sound card and the latest drivers are 2002?. But when I
use FS2004 after flight of about 10 mins Windows reboots
all of a sudden, no errors no your system has had a
problem.

I use FS2002 Professional with no issues at all.
Any thoughts Ive just about had it

Tony

katy

Hi "Tony Killian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>! On Sun, 30
May 2004 02:16:29 -0700, in microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation you
wrote:

>Hi Everyone
>
>I have a Gigabyte P4 2.4G motherboard with 1 G of Ram,
>Nvidia G4 TI4200 128 ram Card. I cant use FS2004, tried
>everything. Reformated and reinstalled, updated
>motherboard Bios, video bios, SIS AGP driver, latest
>nvidia driver. The only thing not new is my old SB live
>sound card and the latest drivers are 2002?. But when I
>use FS2004 after flight of about 10 mins Windows reboots
>all of a sudden, no errors no your system has had a
>problem.
>
>I use FS2002 Professional with no issues at all.
>Any thoughts Ive just about had it
>

>Tony

Did you disable the automatic restart one error? (Check XP Help &
Support if you need to disable it) If yes the machine may be
overheating, did you check the temperature under load with FS running?

---
All the Best
Katy Pluta, MS_MVP for Simulators
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Asking questions the right way:
http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm#Asking

FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com

Visit Project Magenta!
http://www.projectmagenta.com

Hi Katy

Thanks for your reply, I did disable and just got a blue
screen which didnt really mean much to me, how do I check
the temp under load, is there a util I can use
and also what would be considered a high temp,

Regards

Tony

Loaded up speedfan and temps are between 45 & 57 deg F

What should they be normally

Tony

>---
>All the Best
>Katy Pluta, MS_MVP for Simulators
>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>
>Asking questions the right way:
>http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm#Asking
>
>FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com
>
>Visit Project Magenta!
>http://www.projectmagenta.com
>
>.

katy

>Thanks for your reply, I did disable and just got a blue
>screen which didnt really mean much to me, how do I check
>the temp under load, is there a util I can use
>and also what would be considered a high temp,

What was the error message? The temperatures you posted are in the
tolerance range...

---

Tony Killian a écrit :

> Hi Everyone
>
> I have a Gigabyte P4 2.4G motherboard with 1 G of Ram,
> Nvidia G4 TI4200 128 ram Card. I cant use FS2004, tried
> everything. Reformated and reinstalled, updated
> motherboard Bios, video bios, SIS AGP driver, latest
> nvidia driver.

Whoops! That *might* be the source of the problem. Nvidia's latest
drivers are optimized for the Geforce 5x series.
I have a Ti4600 and the only non-trouble driver I've found is 53.03.

Later drivers gave me flickerings in sim mode (as opposed to menu/option
mode).
Give it a try.