Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 install issues on a mac

Last response: in Mac Os X
December 6, 2010 2:46:07 AM

Attempting to install window 7 on mac osx 10.6.4. Imac 27" Working fine, Installing files then rebooting then another screen came up then it rebooted itself getting to the windows logo and stoping at a black screen just after the animated windows flag apearing. However when opened in safe mode we got to a screen with a band of moving light across the base of the screen and setup is preparing your computer for first use only to come across 'windows cannot complete installation in safe mode'. Any solutions would be greatly accepted

windows 64bit oem.

Thanks in advance.
December 6, 2010 2:49:08 AM

I would first try a new complete install. While installing make sure to erase the bootcamp partition and reformat as ntfs. Good luck
December 6, 2010 3:39:15 AM

Windows 7 allows you to format the drive when you install it and I presume that It would be ntfs. You can't Install without formatting. And what do you mean by a new complete install?

Thanks.
Related resources
December 6, 2010 4:34:55 PM

It seems that something got corrupted during the install, and the reason that I said that you need to reformat the drive because you can install over the existing partition. Say something was corrupted while you formatted, you may have the same problem.
December 6, 2010 6:34:13 PM

Gave It another shot and reformatted the partition but still no joy :( 
!