Who should I use for CD Replication, and what consideratio..

Last response: in Home Audio
May 31, 2005 5:59:57 PM

I'd like 2,000 audio cds in a traditional jewel case. For the insert, I'd
like an eight page (i.e., four double-sided pages) insert, color on one side
and B&W on the other. I'll be providing artwork and I do not need the music
mastered. I'd like the CDs to be DAO (i.e., no pauses whatsoever between
songs, that's very important to preserve seamless segues between songs.)
And shrinkwrapping. I'd like clear plastic trays and doublesided color
tray inserts. For the cd itself, I'd like full color.

Have any of you had good experiences with any particular company? Are
there any other points I should consider in my search?

--

- Jonathan

FOUR BRAND SPANKIN NEW SONGS FOR YOU!
Added February 2005!
Go to http://www.guestroomproject.com/ to
hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 5:59:58 PM

Check out CDman. They say they'll beat any price, and they offer a
couple of extras like free barcode and cdbaby promotion that seems cool
to me. I just finished researching this stuff, and I narrowed it down
to them and Bellwether who also offers a barcode. Keep in mind that I
haven't used them yet.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 5:59:58 PM

I use Discmakers. The real deal with DM is the mastering. The mastering
price vs. quality can't be beat.
May 31, 2005 7:16:35 PM

£ Î Z @ R Ð <jattea@adelphia.net> wrote:
>I'd like 2,000 audio cds in a traditional jewel case. For the insert, I'd
>like an eight page (i.e., four double-sided pages) insert, color on one side
>and B&W on the other. I'll be providing artwork and I do not need the music
>mastered. I'd like the CDs to be DAO (i.e., no pauses whatsoever between
>songs, that's very important to preserve seamless segues between songs.)
>And shrinkwrapping. I'd like clear plastic trays and doublesided color
>tray inserts. For the cd itself, I'd like full color.
>
>Have any of you had good experiences with any particular company? Are
>there any other points I should consider in my search?

Europadisk does decent work, although they are not too cheap and I don't
know their new mastering guy. It's worth calling them and asking Karl
for a quote, though.

Discmakers does a lot of handholding and also has excellent customer service.
You pay money for the handholding, but it might be worth it.
--scott

May 31, 2005 8:35:48 PM

The glass mastering? What makes the difference between one glass master
and another. Is it the equipment? Proper comparison of the source disc
and the glass master? what?

!