Use old Palm modem with Zire 71?

July 11, 2004 3:59:54 PM

Hello. I have an old "PalmPilot" external snap-on modem, which I've used
with a PalmPilot Pro and a Palm IIIc. Of course it doesn't snap onto the end
of the Zire 71, which I now have, since the Zire 71 has the universal
connector. OK, so does anyone know of a way (via cable/adapter) to connect
this old (but functional) modem to a Palm with the universal connector? If
it's possible, I'd then like to dial out for a PPP connection from the Zire
71. Thanks.

More about : palm modem zire

Anonymous
July 12, 2004 4:42:41 AM

"Fr@nk" <fr@apaNOSP@AMwizard.net> wrote in

> Hello. I have an old "PalmPilot" external snap-on modem,
> which I've used with a PalmPilot Pro and a Palm IIIc. Of
> course it doesn't snap onto the end of the Zire 71, which I
> now have, since the Zire 71 has the universal connector.
> OK, so does anyone know of a way (via cable/adapter) to
> connect this old (but functional) modem to a Palm with the
> universal connector? If it's possible, I'd then like to
> dial out for a PPP connection from the Zire 71. Thanks.

There are adapters available. Google should find some.

--
Regards,

Stan
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 4:42:42 AM

"Stan Gosnell" <me@work> wrote in message
> "Fr@nk" <fr@apaNOSP@AMwizard.net> wrote in
>
> > Hello. I have an old "PalmPilot" external snap-on modem,
> > which I've used with a PalmPilot Pro and a Palm IIIc. Of
> > course it doesn't snap onto the end of the Zire 71, which I
> > now have, since the Zire 71 has the universal connector.
> > OK, so does anyone know of a way (via cable/adapter) to
> > connect this old (but functional) modem to a Palm with the
> > universal connector? If it's possible, I'd then like to
> > dial out for a PPP connection from the Zire 71. Thanks.
>
> There are adapters available. Google should find some.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Stan

Yeah, I found some via Google. But it was not clear if the Zire was
supported. From looking at Palm's site, they sell the midwestpcbdesigns
adapter, and list the Zire 71 as compatible. May check it out. Thanks for
the tips.