Mithrandir2582

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
I just got it in the mail today, oem from Tiger Direct. And I was wondering, when I install it I'm going to use it as my windows drive and keep my ide as a data drive. I didn't get a manual with the drive and am wondering if I just have to change the boot sequence to scsi before ide, or are there other things I have to do?

Specs:
ASUS A7N8X dlx
Athlon XP 2000+
512mb Corsair PC3500
ATI 9500 pro
Antec Trueblue 480 psu

unoc

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2002
Yes, your raptor is installed on SATA onboard controller, which is seen as SCSI controller. You must modify the boot sequence to let the system boot from the raptor.
Pay attention when you install the OS, because Win2K and WinXP will see the ide disk and consequently will install the boot files on ide disk and all other components on the disk you will select to install the OS, but if the main ide disk fail, you will be not able to boot the system. You also cannot format the main ide disk.
I suggest you to install the OS after disconnecting the main IDE disk. When the installation is completed you can connect again the ide disk. Windows will see one more drive but all system files will be definitively on the raptor.
This applies also if you want to make a multi-boot system, you may install the OS on any drive,but the boot files will be written on the main system disk.

______________________ <font color=red>A straight line never ends……………….until it comes up against a vicious circle</font color=red>