Guild wars 2 (and others) framerate abysmal after installing w8, help!

Makinde

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Hi guys, I'm not sure what category this goes into but I will try here: I recently upgraded to windows 8 from windows 7 and after a successful install I decided to play one of my favorite mmos, Guild Wars 2. The problem is that no matter that I do, the framerate has now degraded to less than 20 when it was around 60 on windows 7. I have no idea what could be causing this :S

Just for some insight, here are the rest of my specs:

Intel(R) Core i7-2600k @ 3.4Ghz quad core
16GB RAM
windows 8 pro 64 bit
VTX3D 2GB Radeon HD 6950 PCI-E 2.1

My main display resolution is 1440 x 900 and I have two additional 1024 x 768 monitors. Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks for reading.

quick update: I've noticed that some other games are suffering quite badly as well while others seem to be working fine. The secret world seems to be running ok while DCUO is lagging horribly. I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can provide, thanks.

UPDATE: I have been searching around other forums for people with similar issues to me. Most of them seem to have resolved the issue by disabling Hyper-V, but mine is already disabled yet my frame rate is still extremely low, even on low quality :(