Any experts on PalmOS 5 screen APIs?

Tags:
July 12, 2004 2:37:40 AM

I have a really wierd problem with my Sony Clie TH-55 that
even a hard reset won't fix. I was running a demo version of
a game that runs in 480x320 landscape mode. On exit it
displays a rather flashy black "Thank You" screen in a white
border and then returns to the app launcher.

My first indication that something was wrong was that on
return to the app launcher, the status bar at the bottom of the
screen was no longer visible. I managed to get it back by going
to an app that I knew ran in 320x320 mode and so would pull
up the virtual graffiti area and I hoped the status bar with it.
This did indeed happen but from then on the status bar and
virtual graffiti area now have a visible white border around them
a few pixels wide. It's almost as if the whole screen canvas has
been scaled down slightly. Even a hard reset doesn't bring
things back to normal (which is scary).

Are there APIs to scale the entire drawing canvas? Is it possible
that this wretched app scales the entire screen and then
failed to restore the settings on exit? Could these changes persist
across a hard reset? I've obviously emailed the developers but I'd
like to know if any of what I suspect is at all possible, and what sort
of changes would survive a hard reset.

Julian

[ Please do not put the word "Julian" in the subject line of ]
[ any email that you send to me, I have my spam filter set ]
[ up to delete any such email so it will not reach me if you do. ]
July 12, 2004 3:38:19 AM

Sorry. Never mind. Mystery solved I think.

Julian
!