Windows XP help me!

G

I've owned an KT7 Raid motherboard for over a year now. It's worked delightfully until recently. About a month ago my system crashed. Since then I have not been able to install any operating system on my machine. I believe the problem lies in my motherboard. I've used Win 2k, Win ME, Win XP Pro, without any problems. Now I can't install any OS without error messages. More specifically, when setup begins copying files it says can not copy file. I flashed the bios with the newest version. I replaced both hard drives in my raid configuration. I replaced my CD ROM drive. I've tried installing with every method possible. The only thing I can conclude is that somehow my motherboard is causing this dilemma. Have people complained about this problem? I've worked on many computers and have never seen a problem like this. My motherboard is only a year old. What could be causing my problem? My computer has been out of service for over a month.

Bryan
tech_md@yahoo.com

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Possible problems are: Power Supply, memory or bad IDE controller. Are you overclocking?

:lol: <b><font color=blue> Welcome to</font color=blue> <font color=red>Fredi's</font color=red><font color=blue> place.</font color=blue></b> :lol:

G

I'm not overclocking. IDE Controller is the motherboard. You think the RAM could be the problem? Rule out the power supply.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
The IDE controller on the MB could have quit. Yes Memory could also be the problem.

:lol: <b><font color=blue> Welcome to</font color=blue> <font color=red>Fredi's</font color=red><font color=blue> place.</font color=blue></b> :lol:

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
try to install a hard disk on the ATA100 standard connector (not the raid one). maybe it's your raid controler which is out.

try to install an old OS via some disks like DOS, old windows 3.1, win98 or whatsoever to avoid to use the cd-rom.

try to boot with a dos disk (or whatever OS) & use your hard disk tools to test it. if you havent this tool, simply just create a partition with fdisk & copy files on it to test the disk.

maybe you have a problem with your installation CD which could be damage, dont forget this point. this could be the CDR disk or the CDR drive itself.

if you have 2 stick of memory (or more) try to test them one by one.

if anyway you can boot without error messages & without beeps, your bios is ok & your hardware is correctly recognized by your comp.

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

G

Thanks labdog! Thanks for all your help! A faulty RAM Module was causing my problem. I took out my entire ram and replaced it with a single 128-Mb module. I figured what the heck and tried the install again. No problems! Thanks again for all the suggestions. I wasn’t plagued with a bad motherboard after all, just a bad ram module.
Bryan

G

Thanks for all your help! A faulty RAM Module was causing my problem. I took out my entire ram and replaced it with a single 128-Mb module. I figured what the heck and tried the install again. No problems! Thanks again for all the suggestions. I wasn’t plagued with a bad motherboard after all, just a bad ram module. Thanks again.

Bryan