New Smart Card Technology Developed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigEagle

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
Hey everyone,
I found this really interesting article today at Technology Review and thought it might be of interest to notebook users concerned with security issues. The article highlights a new smart card that was recently developed by an Austrian start up. This new paper-thin technology could soon make many devices, such as laptops, cell phones, and credit cards, more secure. The new technology goes beyond simple fingerprint scanning to reading deep tissue and blood content patterns. It is not only 99% accurate, but much cheaper as well. Check out the full article here:

http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?id=17040&ch=infotech

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
On a related note:

I think the industry has done a pretty good job of getting ExpressCard periphials out. Had a guy need an ExpressCard AirCard, i found SATA ports, and other cool things already for them.

I hope we will have a univerasla ExpressCard docking station solution soon.

idsmartcards

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
We are manufacturers of smart cards and we service all kinds of customers. We have a large portfolio of smart cards for applications in loyalty, health, government, driving license, RSBY etc. We are a SCOSTA certified modules and our product portfolio ranges from a 1KB memory card to 64KB SCOSTA cards. http://id-smartcards.com/products.html

PH072

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013

It's true that smart card technology is continuously developing. Smart card is not only a ticket, but also a wallet with cash inside. Moreover, the smart cards are being integrated into credit & debit cards and cell phones so customers don’t have to top them up manually. As the computers behind the get faster and the old technology fades into obscurity, the new generation of machines and cards are likely to include NFC (near field communication) and RFID (radio frequency identification) chips so that users don’thave to actually find the card in their wallet, purse or pocket before going through the gates.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.