Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - F4U-1 Corsair?

I just purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, A
Century of Flight, for my husband. Before I open could
someone tell me if any of the 24 historic aircraft
include the F4U-1 Corsair flown in the Korean War.

If not, can you recommend a Flight Simulator software
that does have F4U-1 Corsair. We are running Windows
XP...do not have a joy stick (yet). Some of the older
software we looked at did not indicate it would run on
Win XP.

Sam

The nice thing about FS2004 is that there are dozens,
maybe hundreds, of free add-on aircraft available on
the internet... just about anything you can imagine.
They are easy to download, and install. They work well.
s -----------------------------------------------------

ME

D,
sam is correct in stating that there are hundreds of free add-on aircraft
on the internet you may download but,

both fs2004 and fs2002 have the Voight Navy F4U-1A Corsair as a default
aircraft.

goodluck!

"dmahanay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, A
> Century of Flight, for my husband. Before I open could
> someone tell me if any of the 24 historic aircraft
> include the F4U-1 Corsair flown in the Korean War.
>
> If not, can you recommend a Flight Simulator software
> that does have F4U-1 Corsair. We are running Windows
> XP...do not have a joy stick (yet). Some of the older
> software we looked at did not indicate it would run on
> Win XP.

Hi -

Fs2004 does NOT come with the F4U Corsair, however FS2002 DOES! You can
either get FS2002 or there are quite a few add on Corsairs that can be
downloaded.

I already had 2002 so I just copied the Corsair to 2004 with no problem.

HTH,

Vic

"dmahanay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, A
> Century of Flight, for my husband. Before I open could
> someone tell me if any of the 24 historic aircraft
> include the F4U-1 Corsair flown in the Korean War.
>
> If not, can you recommend a Flight Simulator software
> that does have F4U-1 Corsair. We are running Windows
> XP...do not have a joy stick (yet). Some of the older
> software we looked at did not indicate it would run on
> Win XP.

Sam

Vic, me -
The beauty of cross-examination is that I can definitely
now say that at least one of you is wrong. Don't know who.
I have 2 F4U's in FS2004, one I am sure is an add-on and
listed under Chance Vought. The other comes up under the
name of Vought only, but appears to have a MS default tail
number.
s -------------------------------------------------------

ME

sam ,vic, and D ,

sam ,
it was probably me that was wrong, i must have copy/paste the corsair from
fs2002 to fs2004.
that's the beauty of getting old and forgetting,
i meet someone new everyday !

"sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Vic, me -
> The beauty of cross-examination is that I can definitely
> now say that at least one of you is wrong. Don't know who.
> I have 2 F4U's in FS2004, one I am sure is an add-on and
> listed under Chance Vought. The other comes up under the
> name of Vought only, but appears to have a MS default tail
> number.
> s -------------------------------------------------------

FS2004 does not have the F4U. You can go to Sim sites and
down load one.
Go to Yahoo or Google and search Flight Sim Sites.
Ref. Joy Stick--I have Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. About
$40.00. I love the
smooth action.
I'm also running on XP and I am totally satisfied with my
package.
My computer is an E Machine 3000+ speed with NVIDIA video
card.
It took me about 3 weeks to get really comfortable with
FS-2004.
Your husband will enjoy his Sim. He is lucky to have you
buy it for him.
I had to but my own.

Can you run the 2002 on Win XP...the box did not list XP?

Thanks for all your responses.

Yes. I have both 2002 and 2004 on the same XP machine and they fly perfectly
well.

Good luck,

Vic