Lithuanian folk group helped me understand why vinyl sound..

Last response: in Home Audio
June 3, 2005 8:46:35 PM

Apologies in advance:

I was listening to a CD from the Lithuanian folk group Sutaras
(www.sutaras.lt) and one track "Kai brendu naktimi" sounds as if they
are singing around a campfire, with the fire crackling in the
background... Toasty!

Then I realized they were simulating the effect of a vintage recording
with clicks and pops of the record.

--
Theodore M. Kloba * heytud@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/heytud/

Yeah, the industry really screwed up with digital playback mediums that
don't wear out.;o) Everything sounds so digitally harsh compared to a
dusty, worn out record on a turntable that should have had it's stylus
replaced 10,000 disks ago :o )

!