graphics card

whulse

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
I need a recommendation for a graphics card that will result in a WEI 5.9 or better in a Windows 7 Home Premium system using an Intel i5 750 2.7GHz cpu at a 1280x720 native resolution. Monitor is a Samsung 50 inch DLP HDTV. Home built system is for Home Theater using Windows Media Center.

Solution
G
a 7750, 550ti or 770 are what you are looking for. i suspect the 5.9 WEI score means you want a entry level gaming card.
G

a 7750, 550ti or 770 are what you are looking for. i suspect the 5.9 WEI score means you want a entry level gaming card.

Solution

whulse

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009

sori, I got into the wrong thread, thanks for the response. WEI is Windows Experience Index. My goal is to move the graphics index up to at the lowest WEI of this machine, which is 5.9, and on up to 7.4. I'm new at this stuff and just experimenting and trying to learn.

as i said it doesn't mean anything i have a Q6600 CPU that is 5+ years old and windows 7 still gives that a rating of 7.1

whulse

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009

sori, I got into the wrong thread, thanks for the response. I'm new to this sort of thing and I'm experimenting and trying to learn. My goal, for whatever reason, is to move the WEI to at least 5.9 for the graphics card. In this machine the lowest number above the graphics of 4.3, which is 5.9. Rest of the scores go on up to 7.4. No special reason, just trying new things. I'll check out the numbers you suggested, thanks again.

whulse

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009

I now see what you meant. The thing that initiated this attempt to upgrade was that I had to replace my graphics card. The old one had an index of 5.0, and the new one dropped it to 4.3. So I'm playing with it to see what I can get with another card and not make it worse like the last change did. Thanks again.