Flight Simulator 2002: Starting Program

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I have had FS 2002 for two years and recently uninstalled
it to make room on my computer. I went to reinstall it
yesterday and received a message that it had been
successfully installed. When I went to start the
program, a message came up saying that "third party
software was present that might be incompatible with this
version of FS. The identified file was "traffic.dll". I
was given the option of installing the file or ignoring
it. No matter which I do, the program will not load and
run when I try to start it. Does anyone have an answer as
to what the problem is and how to correct it?

Thanks!

katy

>I have had FS 2002 for two years and recently uninstalled
>it to make room on my computer. I went to reinstall it
>yesterday and received a message that it had been
>successfully installed. When I went to start the
>program, a message came up saying that "third party
>software was present that might be incompatible with this
>version of FS. The identified file was "traffic.dll". I
>was given the option of installing the file or ignoring
>it. No matter which I do, the program will not load and
>run when I try to start it. Does anyone have an answer as
>to what the problem is and how to correct it?

Supposing you are using Windows XP + SP1, search the drives for
traffic.dll and keep only the file in the FS subfolder, rename the
other(s) then reboot the system...

---
All the Best
Katy Pluta, MS_MVP for Simulators