HELP WINDOWS 7 FREEZES SECOND AFTER LOG ON

jamesg2571

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
ARHHHHHHHH

so i just installed a LEGAL version of windows 7 HP x64 oem (i did have ultimate illegal for a few months) it was working fine for a week or so and then occasionally it would freeze 'desktop first and then a few seconds later the mouse would stop moving'.

i can boot into safe mode without a problem that's how im posting this.

when i had ultimate it worked fine and didn't freeze but i have upgraded the cpu and mobo.

OLD
asrock n68c ucc with phenom x3 720 be @2.8ghz

NEW
gigabyte ma-ga790xt ud4p with phenom x4 955 be @ 3.2ghz

the asrock only used a 4 pin cpu lead but the 790xt uses a 8pin cpu lead so i made a 4pin and 1molex to 8pin, i even had this when i had ultimate and didn't have a problem.

a few things it could be ram or psu

i have 4gb ddr3 1333hz ram and 2gb ddr3 1060hz ram and i dono if that would be an issue as it hasn't before and the other could be a cheap psu alpine 550W and i have a 2 fans on a speed controller using 1 molex a temp gauge using another molex a another molex for a hdd (not an ssd) and 1 more for the CD-Rom DVD-Rom drive, im thinking its not psu issue because if it was it would freeze in safe mode and i have disabled all the start-up programs and still froze.

any help would be awesome.

one other thing im going to be purchasing a Novatech PowerStation Black Edition 750W Silent ATX2 Modular Power Supply because i have had a novatech psu on the past and it lasted 8 years

:'(

tongsama

Honorable
May 27, 2012
since you can boot in safe mode and get online, it is definitely something running in normal mode. I would run msconfig and go to starup and disable all, then under services, hide all microsoft then disable all.