I've been using Linux Audio since 1997. What's the problem?

Last response: in Home Audio
June 4, 2005 11:26:02 PM

Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.audio.pro,comp.os.linux.misc,alt.os.linux (More info?)

I've been running Linux since 1997 and have been using digital audio
with my Soundblaster since then.
For me it's been one batmitzvah after another and I am making money
recording weddings and so forth all with Linux.
I can't understand why other are having so many problems?
Maybe they just hate Linux or maybe they are just idiots.
Terry Porter
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 12:38:25 AM

Terry Porter wrote:
> I've been running Linux since 1997 and have been using digital audio
> with my Soundblaster since then.
> For me it's been one batmitzvah after another and I am making money
> recording weddings and so forth all with Linux.
> I can't understand why other are having so many problems?
> Maybe they just hate Linux or maybe they are just idiots.
> Terry Porter

It has problems with VIA82xx. With typical stereo speaker it's fine,
but with 2+1 speaker there is noise when I play low-hz sound. Both work
well on windows. I have tried to adjust every settings in mixer, but
the noise still remains. It's kernel 2.6.11.11. And there wasn't any
problem before I updated BIOS.
June 5, 2005 12:55:03 PM

Terry Porter wrote:

> I've been running Linux since 1997 and have been using digital audio
> with my Soundblaster since then.
> For me it's been one batmitzvah after another and I am making money
> recording weddings and so forth all with Linux.
> I can't understand why other are having so many problems?
> Maybe they just hate Linux or maybe they are just idiots.
> Terry Porter

You are definitely someone I would hire compared to
that name shifting flat fish troll because technology
doesn't fail in your hands, and you know how to expertly use
GNU/Linux unlike that flat fish who just happens
to be an idiot and walking disaster waiting to happen if you allow
him to touch any bit of electronics or software.
June 5, 2005 1:47:24 PM

Terry Porter schrieb:

> I can't understand why other are having so many problems?

Because you COLA idiots keep on crossposting your junk to
COLM and other groups (this time rap).

Please quit that - it is *EXTREMELY* annoying.

flup2 comp.os.linux.advocacy

Alexander Skwar
--
Long computations which yield zero are probably all for naught.
Anonymous

7 wrote:
> Terry Porter wrote:
>
>> I've been running Linux since 1997 and have been using digital audio
>> with my Soundblaster since then.
>> For me it's been one batmitzvah after another and I am making money
>> recording weddings and so forth all with Linux.
>> I can't understand why other are having so many problems?
>> Maybe they just hate Linux or maybe they are just idiots.
>> Terry Porter
>

> I just happens
> to be an idiot and walking disaster waiting to happen if you allow
> him to touch any bit of electronics or software.

We know.
!