I bought the microsoft flight simulator2004 a while back.
I went to play the game yesterday and noticed the disc
that plays the game has a crack in it.could you tell me
if i can purchase this one disc or i would have to buy a
new game. THANKYOU.

David;
Contact Microsoft for replacement, there is a charge:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"DAVID NICHOLSON" <david@nicholson1218.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:2a09e01c46755$31d39f10$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> I bought the microsoft flight simulator2004 a while back.
> I went to play the game yesterday and noticed the disc
> that plays the game has a crack in it.could you tell me
> if i can purchase this one disc or i would have to buy a
> new game. THANKYOU.

s'really amazin how often disk #4 gets busted...

peter

Once you get your new CD, download this program so you
won't have to use the 4th cd anymore. After
downloading,just download the zip file. Then unzip it to a
temporary file. Then cut and paste it just like it is
right into the main FS9 program. If you did it right it
will ask if you want to overwrite. Click "Yes" that's it
your all set. In other words just open the M/S game folder
then drop the file into the Flight Simulator folder..
http://www.flightsimsetc.dhs.org/content.php?
m=vo&n=NOCD+file+for+FS2004

Maybe it has something to do with the fact the #4 CD is used more than
most CDs.
This is a fairly common question on other newsgroups often referring
to a CD used often.

--

> s'really amazin how often disk #4 gets busted...

Thank you for that. As one who has seen cd's disintegrate in a high speed
drive due to a little crack, it amazes me how so many people just ASSUME
that if one want's to replace CD#4 they're automatically a pirate. CD's wear
out from constant spinning and insertions. Just for the record, any REAL
pirate knows how to copy CD#4 in spite of the protection. Chances are very
good that the majority of CD#4 problems are nothing more than what they
seem - a legit user with a problem.

Vic

> Maybe it has something to do with the fact the #4 CD is used more than
> most CDs.
> This is a fairly common question on other newsgroups often referring
> to a CD used often.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > s'really amazin how often disk #4 gets busted...

yes, there seem to be more damaged CD#4s than there are copies of FS2004
sold...
I wonder how that's possible.

> s'really amazin how often disk #4 gets busted...

Because it's the right thing to do?

"Jeroen Wenting" <beefjerky@hornet.beefjerky.demon.nl> wrote in message
> why are you advocating piracy?

ME

or he could go to google and search out the 'no cd crack' like every other
owner who purcahsed FS2004 !

"Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Because it's the right thing to do?
>
> "Jeroen Wenting" <beefjerky@hornet.beefjerky.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > why are you advocating piracy?

Sam

If you add the legitimate ones, of which there are at
least a few... to the pirated ones, of which there are
also at least a few... it may be concluded that the sum
of the parts is greater than the whole is thought to be.