Flight Sim. 98

I have downloaded the 98 to my Dell 4550 and have real
problem "flying" with my keyboard controls. Terrible
response time. Could it be a compatability issue?
If I keep crashing as many times as I have I'll have to
cut ticket prices!

Assuming your crashing your plane and not your computer:

A yoke or joystick is better and easier, but it still takes practice.
Landings are the hardest part. It may help to master one of the Cessna 182
aircraft before attempting the larger planes. Helicopters are really
challenging, plan on taking quite a while to learn how to hover without
spinning out of control and crashing the Bell! A twist handle joystick or a
joystick combined with rudder pedals are pretty much essential for the
helicopter.

It's easy to over control. Give the plane time to respond, especialy if it's
one of the larger ones.

Medium to large planes like the Learjet and 737 can't climb as high or fly
at the slow speeds required for landing if they are burdened by the weight
of full or nearly full fuels tanks. Landing with excess fuel makes it much
more difficult to slow the plane to taxi speed too. Unless you plan to fly
the maximum range of your aircraft start with less than a 100% fuel load,
and try to have less than 20% of maximum fuel load when landing. On those
maximum range flights fly a few thousand feet below your maximum flight
level for a while while you burn off some of the weight.

Find out the proper landing speed for your aircraft and maintain it with
pitch (nose up or down). To extend or shorten your descent, in order to
touch down just past the near end of the runway, adjust the engine thrust.
You may have to adjust your pitch a bit after the throttle change to
maintain the proper airspeed (INDICATED airspeed is what counts, only use
True airspeed or ground speed for navigation). See remarks above about over
controling. On jet transports like the 737 don't forget to use spoilers
immediately after touchdown, arming autospoilers on the jet transports also
helps a lot. Set the flaps to the proper angle too. Some planes have
autobraking which also helps.

You can spot a lot of interesting things flying the slower light aircraft.
Many real world landmarks are quite recognizeable and in positions
corresponding to their real world locations. Look for things like promenent
New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, London, Paris, San Fransico, Moscow and
Beijing buildings (other major cities too). You can see things like Mt
Rushmore, Stonehenge the Giza Pyramids, Mount Everest (might need the
Learjet for Mt Everest), Hover Dam and Taj Mahal too.