Not sure if you audio pros can help, but kinda unrelated..

Last response: in Home Audio
June 5, 2005 11:52:00 PM

I couldn't find a newsgroup that would really related to my question so
this group came the closest. I live in a subdivision where many
neighbors have pets(dogs). Everytime i mow the yard some dogshit is
laying in the grass. I can't find any lawn chemicals to discourage dogs
from shitting in my yard. The alternative is that i heard dogs do not
like high pitch sounds. Is there an audio device that i can attach to
one side of my house from maybe wire it from inside my house to the
exterior of the left side of my house to sound off this device, thus
discouraging dogs from getting on my side yard? Thanks.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 8:26:41 AM

zcarenow@yahoo.com wrote:

> I couldn't find a newsgroup that would really related to my question so
> this group came the closest. I live in a subdivision where many
> neighbors have pets(dogs). Everytime i mow the yard some dogshit is
> laying in the grass. I can't find any lawn chemicals to discourage dogs
> from shitting in my yard. The alternative is that i heard dogs do not
> like high pitch sounds. Is there an audio device that i can attach to
> one side of my house from maybe wire it from inside my house to the
> exterior of the left side of my house to sound off this device, thus
> discouraging dogs from getting on my side yard? Thanks.

They say that dogs hear ultrasound ( higher freqs than humans ).

Not difficult to arrange one I would say that scares them off.

Graham
June 6, 2005 4:36:22 PM

A 20-second googls search for "ultrasonic pest dog" came up with this:

http://www.robharvey.com/pest-control/animal-repellers....

I've seen similar devices with water sprinkler heads. I bet those are more
effective against deaf dogs.

-John O

<zcarenow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I couldn't find a newsgroup that would really related to my question so
> this group came the closest. I live in a subdivision where many
> neighbors have pets(dogs). Everytime i mow the yard some dogshit is
> laying in the grass. I can't find any lawn chemicals to discourage dogs
> from shitting in my yard. The alternative is that i heard dogs do not
> like high pitch sounds. Is there an audio device that i can attach to
> one side of my house from maybe wire it from inside my house to the
> exterior of the left side of my house to sound off this device, thus
> discouraging dogs from getting on my side yard? Thanks.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 6:25:07 AM

Pooh Bear wrote:

> zcarenow@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > I couldn't find a newsgroup that would really related to my question so
> > this group came the closest. I live in a subdivision where many
> > neighbors have pets(dogs). Everytime i mow the yard some dogshit is
> > laying in the grass. I can't find any lawn chemicals to discourage dogs
> > from shitting in my yard. The alternative is that i heard dogs do not
> > like high pitch sounds. Is there an audio device that i can attach to
> > one side of my house from maybe wire it from inside my house to the
> > exterior of the left side of my house to sound off this device, thus
> > discouraging dogs from getting on my side yard? Thanks.
>
> They say that dogs hear ultrasound ( higher freqs than humans ).
>
> Not difficult to arrange one I would say that scares them off.
>
> Graham

Dog also will have no problem hearing the shotgun load of
rock salt being fired at it.

--Dale
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 6:37:50 AM

"Dale Farmer" <dale@cybercom.net> wrote in message news:42A505E3.3EBF4D3A@cybercom.net...

> Pooh Bear wrote:
>
> > zcarenow@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > > I couldn't find a newsgroup that would really related to my question so
> > > this group came the closest. I live in a subdivision where many
> > > neighbors have pets(dogs). Everytime i mow the yard some dogshit is
> > > laying in the grass. I can't find any lawn chemicals to discourage dogs
> > > from shitting in my yard. The alternative is that i heard dogs do not
> > > like high pitch sounds. Is there an audio device that i can attach to
> > > one side of my house from maybe wire it from inside my house to the
> > > exterior of the left side of my house to sound off this device, thus
> > > discouraging dogs from getting on my side yard? Thanks.
> >
> > They say that dogs hear ultrasound ( higher freqs than humans ).
> >
> > Not difficult to arrange one I would say that scares them off.
> >
> > Graham
>
> Dog also will have no problem hearing the shotgun load of
> rock salt being fired at it.

Yup.... dogs will get used to the sound. Better train 'em right. ;-)
!