PCMCIA for live choir recording - 2 ZS?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
June 6, 2005 7:35:36 AM

Hi, I need a pcmcia card for recoding choir-music live on my portable.
Any recommendations ?

Have looked at soundblaster 2 ZS - any good / bad experiences ?
Recommendations on which mic to connect ? (Price: Around 100-200 US$)

Thx
tke
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 3:04:43 PM

In article <bed692a7.0506060235.4469febc@posting.google.com> tttttttt@jubiimail.dk writes:

> Hi, I need a pcmcia card for recoding choir-music live on my portable.
> Any recommendations ?

I've had a Digigram VX Pocket for several years and it's worked fine
for me. I don't know the current price, but I suspect that it's still
over $200.

> Have looked at soundblaster 2 ZS - any good / bad experiences ?
> Recommendations on which mic to connect ? (Price: Around 100-200 US$)

Since you seem to be looking for a recommendation for a complete
recording system, and a pretty low budget one at that, I'd suggest
that you look at a USB or Firewire recording interface rather than a
PCMCIA one. It will be less expensive, and you can get one with
built-in mic preamps (the Digigram will only sort of let you use mics)
it will have up-to-date hardware.

June 7, 2005 12:45:47 AM

> I've had a Digigram VX Pocket for several years and it's worked fine
> for me.

Ditto, use the Digigram here. Note sure what inexpensive mics to suggest him
to use. Have a feeling the mics i use are way out of his range (pair of
closely matched Earthworks with mic amp built-in).

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin
http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Where you can find:

Superior Audio, The Absolute Sound,
Review Magazine, The $ensible Sound,
Audiophile Audition, The Audiophile Voice...
....and MUCH more!
June 7, 2005 12:47:03 AM

Steven R. Rochlin wrote:
> "Mike Rivers" <mrivers@d-and-d.com> wrote in message
>

>>I've had a Digigram VX Pocket for several years and it's worked fine
>>for me.
>

> Ditto, use the Digigram here. Note sure what inexpensive mics to suggest him
> to use. Have a feeling the mics i use are way out of his range (pair of
> closely matched Earthworks with mic amp built-in).

Which Earthworks have built in pre-amps?

Bob

> Enjoy the Music,
>
> Steven R. Rochlin
> http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com
>

> Where you can find:
>
> Superior Audio, The Absolute Sound,
> Review Magazine, The $ensible Sound,
> Audiophile Audition, The Audiophile Voice...
> ...and MUCH more!

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 3:22:38 AM

Echo Indigo io ......superb quality, up to 24/96 if you want it !
You'll need a mic that sends out line level, or use a small mixer
(Behringer, Mackie ,etc) to send out same to the Echo.......

Ray
------

!