HadjiQuest

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2003
Sometimes, out of the blue, my XP Home system likes to totally lock up, no mouse movent or anything, the only thing that keeps going is sound. Now, I thought it might be overheating, but the latest series of lockups happened at 50C. They start randomly. Everything will be fine, all apps run perfectly, until KABOOM, one day I'll run an app that was fine earlier and my system will lock up completely. But, these lockups only happen with games and configuration tools. All text based programs and Explore work fine. Winamp works well most of the time too, but other multimedia programs lock up. So, my question is could a stick of ram work for smaller programs and then totally freeze for memory-hogging things like games?

http://secure.newegg.com/app/CustratingReview.asp?item=20-144-202
Those are reviews on the ram I have, and most of them have lock up problems too, which is why I thought of this. I might buy a 128 or 256 stick from a different company tomorow, just to test. Until then, any help would be appreciated.

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
heya Hadjiquest:

well my friend if it walks like a snake and talks like a snake then its probably a snake.

which btw that whole saying is nonsense considering snakes dont walk or talk, but ya know heheheh...

XeeN

G

have u tried a few format and re-install use to work fine when my computer was runnin 98/me and crashing constantly