sims 2 help

when i try and load up the sims 2 it says i need a file
called a D3D9.DLL file to allow it to carry on, were can i
get one from? e-mail me at will12345678901@aol.com, thanx
3 answers Last reply
More about sims help

    sounds like you need to install Directx 9, which comes on the Sims 2 cd. You
    can browse the cd to the directx folder to install it. That would be the
    fastest way, or you can download and isntall from here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

    Kevin Christian [MSFT] http://www.windowsgaming.com
    "peach" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i try and load up the sims 2 it says i need a file
    > called a D3D9.DLL file to allow it to carry on, were can i
    > get one from? e-mail me at will12345678901@aol.com, thanx

    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3d9
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    I had the same problem, D3D9.DLL missing, plus some
    others. The message said I needed a newer version so I
    downloaded the latest directx 9.0c from Microsoft website.
    This didn't solve the problem, got the same error message.
    DOn't download the one from Microsoft website, download
    the DirectX version from the Sims2 disc. This version must
    be newer than 9.0c. My Sims2 works fine now.
    Marilyn

Sims Games Microsoft Video Games