To KillerNotebooks, Are You Offering Dual Core AMD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMe

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Hi,
I see you have the Nanobot listed on your website with a dual core AMD chip. I've wanted to buy a gaming notebook for a couple of weeks now, but I've been holding off because I want a dual core AMD chip in there. So, I have a few questions for you:

1) You have the Nanobot listed, but no price. Does that mean that you don't have the dual core chip yet (I'm not even sure if its been released yet). If you do have it, when will you be ready to start selling it.

2) The Nanobots screen is just too small for me (since I want this for gaming, 12.1" just wont do). Will you be offering the dual core AMD chip in a 15.4" screen rig? I know notebook motherboards can only house specific chips, will that be available anytime in the future. This config is what I'm kinda looking for:

15.4" Anti glare screen
AMD Dual Core CPU
1 gig ram
Biggest 5400 RPM HD available
x1600 ATI 256mb GPU (or Geforce equivalent)

Thanks for your time!

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
That's the "sweet spot" system I want to offer, I would recommend the 7,200 rpm hard drive. With that much CPU you don't want to put a bottleneck on the I/O of the data.

The #2 thing wrong with the NanoBot is the GPU, ATI 200M.

The #1 thing wrong with the NanoBot is... no one has bought one. It is extrememly close to the lip of the garbage can. 0

MegaMe

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Interesting... ok, do you know approximatly what the price of one of your systems would cost with :

15.4" Anti glare screen
AMD Dual Core CPU
1 gig ram
Biggest 7200 RPM HD available
x1600 ATI 256mb GPU (or Geforce equivalent)

Obviously the X2 processor speed is gonna be the biggest difference from lowest end to highest, so if you can, can you give me an approximate range on how much we are looking at, and approximatly when it would be available?

According to the amd website "As of May 17, 2006, AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology models TL-50, TL-52, TL-56 and TL-60 are expected to be available immediately worldwide." but obviously this isn't true.

I don't want to wait much longer to buy, but I don't want to buy tomorrow and next week they roll out.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.