Abacus & Aerosoft Add-on aircraft causing 33% slow down in..

I've purchased a few Add-on aircraft form Abacus & Aerosoft & a few other
companies. I loaded up an ATR42-500, BAe 146 v200, and several other
aircraft (even some combat aircraft) -- all aircraft that did NOT come with
FS2004. I noticed that my frame rates suddenly dropped (20 fps)
considerably with these add-on aircraft.

So I exit and load up the Cessna (in fact any aircraft that comes with
FS2004) -- bang, my frame rates are up and back to normal (30 fps). So I
exit and once again load up the ATR42-500 and viola frame rates drop back to
20 fps. I also noticed that when I go to external spot view, I can see the
aircraft being painted -- this does NOT happen with any of the standard
FS2004 aircraft.

Is this just a known problem with FS2004 SDK? Or, in a quest to provide
higher quality aircraft the designers did not optimize their vertex and
polygon count?

Also, I can be traveling along in the Aerosoft BAe 146 v200 -- cruise on at
Mach .58 at 18,000ft, some very minor turbulence and the aircraft falls
apart with an "over stressed"??

Also, some aircraft don't have a vitual cockpit, others do but they are
vitually impossible to read/use?

Now I can understand some of these problems appearing in shareware Add-on
aircraft, but for purchased ($40) products from Abacus and Aerosoft I kinda
expect a more.

Anyone else come across this problem with Add-on aircraft? Any possible
solutions?

Thanks, Rob.

Sam

Rob -
I stopped buying add-on's after about the second one
because there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of very
good freebies for almost any aircraft you can name.
Sometimes you get a frame-rate hog... so just toss it
out and look for others. I've had better freeware a/c
than any I've purchased. Google finds them easily.
s ---------------------------------------------------

Hi Sam,

I've had some good and some bad luck with free & purcashed add-on aircraft,
but like you said -- there apparently is NO benefit to getting the Add-on
aircraft.

I'll google it.

Rob.

"sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Rob -
> I stopped buying add-on's after about the second one
> because there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of very
> good freebies for almost any aircraft you can name.
> Sometimes you get a frame-rate hog... so just toss it
> out and look for others. I've had better freeware a/c
> than any I've purchased. Google finds them easily.

You can also try Project AI. They have all kinds of cool
stuff that won't kill your framerates. Some time back, for
reasons unknown, I lost all my default AI traffic for
FS2004. I've since gotten more AI traffic than I know what
to do with thanks to Project AI. Best of all, it's FREE.
http://www.projectai.com/

I've always had problems with Abacus software products.

TRENDING THREADS