MN 820 - Can Ping, Can't Browse

I recently upgraded my wirless laptop from Win2000 to XP
Pro for stability reasons - now I can't get the machine to
connect completely.

- I have the latest firmware etc.
- The WEP is accepted when I run Setup
- The machine connects to the Workgroup
- I can ping external sites (google.com, cnn.com) and MSN
Messenger automatically tries to connect
- However, I am unable to browse using IE 6.0.

Any ideas what might need to be changed? Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about ping browse

    A couple things you may want to check: (1) In Internet
    Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Connections, make sure you have no dial-up
    or proxy settings listed; (2) Go to Network Connections, right-click the
    icon representing your LAN and select Properties. Go to the Wireless
    Networks tab and select the Advanced button at the bottom. Make sure there
    is a dot in the radial next to Access point (infrastructure) networks only.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "RB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently upgraded my wirless laptop from Win2000 to XP
    > Pro for stability reasons - now I can't get the machine to
    > connect completely.
    >
    > - I have the latest firmware etc.
    > - The WEP is accepted when I run Setup
    > - The machine connects to the Workgroup
    > - I can ping external sites (google.com, cnn.com) and MSN
    > Messenger automatically tries to connect
    > - However, I am unable to browse using IE 6.0.
    >
    > Any ideas what might need to be changed? Thanks!

    Thanks for the response - I think we might be getting
    somewhere with #2 - when I look at the proerties for the
    LAN connection, I don't see a Wireless networks tab - only
    General and Advanced. Did something go wrong during setup?

Routers Networking