Sign in with
Your question

Urgently need some advice regarding SB Live 5.1!

Last response: in Components
July 1, 2003 6:42:06 PM

I currently have an onboard sis 7012 soundcard with the AC '97 codec :( . When I put in my Plantronics Audio .90 Stereo Headset with its own volume control<i>(has gotten good user reviews on various buysites like CircuitCity, Amazon)</i>, the volume is too low on both the mic and headphones. It's the same with other headphones too. Even when I'm just using speakers, if I turn the volume knob past 50%, it gets all distorted as if it's struggling to play the audio loudly.

So, what I'm asking is, will getting an SB Live 5.1 improve the audio volume as well as quality?

More about : urgently advice live

July 1, 2003 7:18:34 PM

Ok nevermind about the mic volume, for some reason there're two ways to raise it, not just the one in the main 'Volume Control' window. But the headphone volume is still low.
July 2, 2003 10:35:20 AM

Why not get a better card? IMO Live! is just too old. If you want to buy a cheap card try one of Hercules Fortissimo solutions.
Related resources
July 2, 2003 3:32:30 PM

if your speakers have an audio jack, try using that
July 2, 2003 6:04:36 PM

Quote:
Why not get a better card? IMO Live! is just too old. If you want to buy a cheap card try one of Hercules Fortissimo solutions.

I'm not a big audiophile. Infact, I'm typing thise while looking at two 6 year old speakers lol. That's why I'm looking at the Live and then going to buy a nice 5.1 sound system to go along with it.

Oh and my current speakers don't even have a headphone jack :( 
!