-Basic

Im currently using Aero but running into this particular error

http://i49.tinypic.com/357iy34.png

Was thinking would it just make more sence to switch to basic

More about : theme gaming

a c 382 4 Gaming
a c 395 $ Windows 7
July 11, 2012 4:50:02 PM

Won't improve gaming much by switching it !
Related resources
a c 382 4 Gaming
a c 395 $ Windows 7
July 11, 2012 4:55:18 PM

What are your rigs specs?
July 11, 2012 4:58:02 PM

That error used to happen to me if my VRAM was near fully used.
a c 382 4 Gaming
a c 395 $ Windows 7
July 11, 2012 5:03:23 PM

I'm thinking his memory is low or not adequate gpu.
July 11, 2012 5:35:36 PM

speccs are fine

GTX 560 TI
I5 2500K (STOCK
8GB RAM

ive run Memtest no issues and a few people are getting this issue within the last 4 years something to do with direct 11 just wondering if you had any idea
a c 382 4 Gaming
a c 395 $ Windows 7
July 11, 2012 5:37:22 PM

You shouldn't get that error with the specs you have.
a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
July 11, 2012 5:54:01 PM

Sometimes pops up for me too, and I've got even better specs then the OP. I think if CPU usage gets too high for even a second or two, the message kicks off.

Shouldn't be an issue though; I just disabled the message.
a b $ Windows 7
July 11, 2012 5:56:32 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
You shouldn't get that error with the specs you have.

+1 -- what OS are you using ? (32 bit or 64 bit) Only reason I can think of for that message to come up on your system is if you are using a 32 bit system so that 4gb of that 8gb you have installed are not being used ! Or you have a bunch of other processes running that are not shown ! ( I notice only your account processes are shown and not the rest of the system processes so there may be some system process using memory but can not tell from the info posted - click on the show processes from all users check box and see what other processes show up and how much memory they are using.)
a b $ Windows 7
July 11, 2012 6:04:04 PM

I used to get that error on my old build. Just click don't show again, imo.

Pretty sure I've seen somewhere that aero actually renders more efficiently because it uses GPU hardware acceleration. More than likely the error occurs because the game taxes the computer at certain points and in certain ways that make windows thinks you have a junk PC because it doesn't get enough attention from the scheduler, when in fact your very not junk PC simply has more important things to do.
July 11, 2012 6:04:16 PM

If you do happen to turn it off create a .bat file containing:

Quote:
@echo off
net stop uxsms
@echo off
net start uxsms

that will re-enable aero without having to restart.
July 11, 2012 6:15:35 PM

Personally, I use Aero on my main rig because I want some eye-candy for all this horsepower, but for gaming on limited resources, I just use the classic theme. Basic is butt-ugly imo. It prevents constant switching, especially if you play older games. It also cuts down on explorer.exe's memory consumption by a considerable amount. I also got that error when I had my GTX 570 with a 4.6GHz 2500k and 8GB of RAM. I ignore it, because Windows doesn't know anything about itself. Never did.
a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
July 11, 2012 6:16:18 PM

its not an error Perseid, often you will run a game close to the maximum vram on your gpu and this will pop up as a warning. switching to basic will give an extra few MB which can be the difference between 60 fps smooth and 55 fps stutters. some times its cause by bad programming but more often then not its just your close to the limits of the vram...
if i get it when i quit a game i just ignore it, if the game screen collapses and it show this then i use it. then select my normal aero theme 1s finished...
its basically nothing to worry about. your pc isnt gonna crash its just asking you if you want the option of turning aero off to get a few extra MB of vram.

as you can see i dont run a stock theme either. so in theory i should see it more often than you but i see it maybe 1-2 times a month when i play games like dirt 3 and occasionally bf3
July 11, 2012 9:29:02 PM

This annoying pop up happens to me all the time when I'm gaming. I'm definitely not running out of any memory of any kind. I've told it to go away many times but it still comes back, so I've just been forced to run my HP LP3065 with win7 in basic mode when I game, since the pop up minimizes whatever I'm doing and can be deadly!

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz 7.5 7.5
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB 7.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 7.6
Gaming graphics 4095 MB Total available graphics memory 7.6
Primary hard disk 111GB Free (223GB Total) 7.8

July 11, 2012 9:31:21 PM

Thats exactly whats happening to me currently im running on basic because if I switch to Areo Windows trys to nag me about this error everytime I go on a game in full screen mode, just looking to disable it but no the one were you uncheck maintinence messages tryed that and it doesnt work
a b 4 Gaming
a b $ Windows 7
July 12, 2012 1:35:08 AM

computerwonder said:
This is 64 bit windows 7

yep windows 7 ultimate 64...
changed the icon set and installed some theme changers. added a few bits and bobs to change the whole look of windows.
it takes about 20 minutes total and most of the stuff i used can be found on deviant art.

oh you wernt asking if it was win 7 i started from my bad...
next time use a quote ;) 

anyways it is because your game is demanding lots of vram. if its comming up for any other reason say when your watching a video or playing a very undemanding game then i would say you may have a swap file problem in that maybe your virtual mem is set to small. run a dxdiag and see if you get any errors.
!