"Disk boot failure...."

Insert a disk.

Seriously, it sounds like you need to double check all the wiring from the drive to the mobo. Is the drive noisy? If so, may be a stuffed drive.

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=324&s=58e94ba84a16bedfebbf0f416d5bac48" target="_new">System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

svol

Champion
Are you trying to boot from a floppy or the HD?

After you checked the cables and it still doesn't work make sure you got a bootable floppy/CD. If you want to boot from the HD make sure it is partitioned, formatted and there is an OS installed on it.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

svol

Champion
No you wont... you can use fdisk /mbr to repair FAT partitions and you can use the Win2k/XP restore function of the CD to restore the original partition table.

And there are douzens of other apps that do the same.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

KalletheMan

Distinguished
May 18, 2003
Thanks, it seems like the problem is solved.

Are the ATA cables very sensitive? It seems like there is sometimes that you cann't twist them a little bit, without getting an error? The same with power supply cables...

Thanks!

svol

Champion
They shouldn't be that sensitive unless you twist them 180 degree with a sharp turn or let them close to a device that can create magnatical interference.

But I have the same problem with some power cables... I wonder if that is a HD design or power cable problem.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek:

KalletheMan

Distinguished
May 18, 2003
Yes, I agree with you there...

I had some of the same problems with the power cable. No sharp turns, and no twist is the best.

Thanks again!