Can't uninstall FS2004

Last response: in Video Games
August 4, 2004 1:15:57 PM

I've been using FS2004 quite happily for about 6 months
without any problems. But recently, all it would do when
I ran it, was to flash up the introduction screen and then
do nothing. As far as Task Manager was concerned, nothing
was running.

Eventually I gave up trying to run it and thought that the
best thing to do would be to uninstall it, and then re-
load it. The uninstaller started to run then stopped. It
appears to have removed some files, but then according to
Task Manager it was 'not responding'.

So I'm stuck. I can't run or uninstall FS2004!

Can anybody advise?

I'm running it on a reasonably powerful Windows XP PC

More about : uninstall fs2004

August 4, 2004 5:20:54 PM

Pete -
Two or three things to try...
1. Try to reinstall right on top of present installation,
then immediately uninstall.
2. Boot into Safe Mode and use MSFT 'Add Remove Programs'.
3. SystemSuite 5 has an Uninstaller that seems to be able
to remove some of the more stubborn stuff.

!